Intramural Badminton

Jessica Huang and Ria Pande

Along with the interscholastic sports teams, Kennedy also offers a wide range of intramural sports for students to participate in. Anyone is eligible for these sports, and currently, intramural badminton is going on from 7-7:45 in the mornings. There are two sessions that will take place. The first, and current session is ending on March 8th, and the next session will begin on April 1st.

Intramurals takes students on a journey that explores the sport, and encourages them to have fun. A bonus of intramurals is that it gets the participators’ blood pumping before school begins. Taking place in the tile gym, 6 nets are set up with about 15 athletes in all. Mrs. Schumpf, the supervisor, hopes that they have fun, and “get their brains awake, and active for the day”.

And it certainly seems that way. Some students were still getting the hang of the sport, with support of their other classmates. Nihal Kaki, an 8th grade Phoenix was one such supporter, as he was teaching his partner how to play. He told us that intramural badminton is “really fun”, and he gets to meet “all kinds of people” of all levels. Nihal has attended several other intramurals in addition to intramural badminton. “But this is one of my favorite ones,” he divulged with a grin.

See Intramural Badminton Through Our Eyes Here!